Sunday, December 07, 2008

The holidays are definitely here!

We went out and got our tree today. The boys voted unanimously for the cut-it-yourself place. We haven't had tons of luck there in the past but gave it another go. We drove around looking at the different lots (that place is HUGE) and nothing was hitting me but at one of the farthest lots, things looked better so we got out and had found our tree within a few minutes. All of the boys took turns sawing away at it and it's now home and almost fully decorated. We found some more ornaments for the boys but two were already asleep so they'll get to finish those in the morning and then I'll take pics of the finished tree and post everything at one time. Our indoor wreath is up, our menorah out, the marching penguins out, and Tinkerbell is presiding over all. We ended up hitting Hallmark on the way home to let the boys pick out this years ornaments and while there, Mark snuck this years Scarlett O'Hara ornament into the purchase. It's the one of her in the green picnic outfit which is probably my favorite dress in the whole movie. Just another thing to show how truly blessed I am.

I've managed to do a bit more of the holiday shopping (thank you internet) today. I really need to find the time this week to finish taking care of the bills and cataloging the presents so I know how much I have left to do. At least I know Mark is done, Mona and her family is done as soon as I call Lego to renew subscriptions, BIL's daughters are done, and I have a start on the boys and Mark's parents. I really wish there had been better deals through the year so I could be basically done by now instead of still scrambling. Oh, well. Hopefully next year.

No comments: