Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The cold that wouldn't leave

It seems like we've been down with this same cold for over a month now but I can only assume we got rid of one but were immediately beset with another one due to a weakened immune system. I think I've maybe had 1-2 days where I wasn't coughing since the week before Thanksgiving. Nico started feeling warm, being clingy and cranky, and sounding awful yesterday and tonight I have a headache, sinus pressure, and chest tightness to go with the neverending cough. It's not been anything bad, it's just been annoying and slowing me down some when I most want to be getting things done. I'm managing to do so but it's definitely been more effort than it should be.

Speaking of which, in the last two days we've basically gotten the boys room decluttered (4 bags to donate and one bag of trash), wrapped all the presents, kept up with all the dishes and laundry, balanced the checkbook (first time since July), paid the bills, made up the budget, did the grocery shopping, and made a HUGE batch of spaghetti sauce (ok, Mark helped with this one). So I'm getting something done even if starting around 8p I have a toddler firmly camped out in my lap and I'm fine with having an excuse not to have to move.

In other news, we tried two new fudge recipes this year: one from Alton Brown and one from Emeril. The conclusion was that the Alton recipe had a better, richer chocolate taste but that the Emeril one had a divine texture but tasted a bit more like caramel than chocolate. So being of sound mind, we are combining the two as a double batch to see if we can't get the best of both worlds since the directions are basically the same. I'll report back tomorrow to let you know how that goes but don't count on getting any. I have a strange feeling it will be disappearing almost as soon as it's made. LOL

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

I need to get to your house. :D
Or you need to bring some to Mom's on Sunday. That will work too.
Love
Mom