Today it was the Farallone View Holiday Bazaar. The universe kept trying to tell me not to go, but as we all know, I have a hard head and don't hear very well. First, Nico got up at 7:30a as I was supposed to be getting dressed and getting the last bits and pieces together. He stayed attached to me like a parasitic leech for the next hour. I was only able to get dressed by listening to him scream and kick the bathroom door. When I finally detached him, I was already 30min behind schedule and Mark's computer had been having issues so my sign for the jewelry fire sale was still not printed. My printer decided it was also on holiday and going to take 20min to print out one page of business cards. I finally had everything ready to go and was thanking my lucky stars that this would be a much easier set-up than previous years since all the display equipment for my jewelry went up in flames 2yrs ago. But the universe was not ready to give up so easily and had one more curve ball to throw my way. I backed my car up, put her into drive, and got about 10' before it completely died on me. I mean completely, totally, I couldn't even unlock the doors with the button nor could I turn on the emergency blinkers, died on me. I ran into the house and got Mark who fixed it (it's a known flaw in the design with the battery connections) but we both forgot that would reset the alarm. My clicker thingy that disables the alarm broke a few months ago so now I'm really late and the alarm is going off and the car won't start with the key until we disable the alarm. Mark started getting his car ready to go while I searched my car for the pieces of the clicker to see if I could piece enough of it back together to get it to shut down the alarm rather than having it go off all day. I finished first and was finally able to get on my way, all the while fearing that the car would decide to die as I pulled onto the highway or something. Thankfully it didn't and I was able to get there and get through the day.
So the good, I got to see several people I haven't seen in a while and catch up a little. I was also right next to my dad and step-mom so I had lots of good conversation. The bad, people were not there to shop for their kids so I didn't sell any Discovery Toys and they don't want to have to paw through containers of jewelry so I sold very little of that even at 50% off. *sigh* I guess I'm going to need to find some cheap way of displaying things for next year in a small area. Maybe do something up high so the Discovery Toys can be on the table. Not sure but something to think about. So I didn't even make my $60 back. I had a few people take brochures for DT but I'm not holding my breath on it actually doing anything.
So now onto playing catch-up after this crazy week and getting things cleaned up and rearranged for getting our tree tomorrow. I also need to get through our trip photos and posting some of those here plus try to get our holiday card done and out. That's not too much to do all in what's left of this weekend, right?!
2 comments:
Yikes. Not a fun day. Sorry! Praying things are smoother this week!
sorry the sales didn't go so well :(
Post a Comment