Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Reducing some paper clutter

I keep recycling stuff but sheesh, it seems the more I recycle, deal with, clean out...the more that finds its way in. I keep thinking, jeez, you guys sens me all these catalogs/credit card offers and I never respond, how many years will it take before you give up?! I think it's so funny to see the "This is your last catalog" sticker on the same catalog name 5xs in a row. Or what about One Step Ahead who I did order from a few times back in 1998 and they screwed up every order and so I told them point blank to stop sending me their catalogs because I would never order from them again and they still keep coming! Or another favorite of mine, American Girl. It's a doll company and they make look-a-like dolls for your daughter and matching dresses and and and. Um, I have boys?! I've called and told them that several times and they just don't get the hint. I've been getting this catalog for 10yrs now!!!

So FLYLady found a site that is supposed to help with getting off those lists. It's called catalogchoice.org so I'm busy right now (especially since the holiday season is upon us) inputting the catalogs I know I don't want into it in the hopes to stop them from even coming to my house. It's just a total waste of everything and it annoys me no end that I've called some of these companies and told them to take me off their list and they have refused. Ugh!

Now if I could just find one for credit card offers...

No comments: