Saturday, October 25, 2008

52:81 The Incredible 5-Point Scale by Kari Dunn Buron & Mitzi Curtis

From the cover "Assisting students with autism spectrum disorders in understanding social interactions and controlling their emotional responses". Great summation of the book. Very quick read (I read it in about 1½hrs while dealing with kids and playing on FB) but it's just an awesome tool. Christopher has already read this (his sociology assignment for the week) and we will be working together this weekend to put together a couple of scales for him to help with his behavior around the house and while dealing with his brothers. I'm also planning on using this to make a scale for Matthew to help him deal with Christopher better. The behavior between the two of them recently has just been massive escalation after massive escalation and it's disrupting the harmony of the whole house, stressing everyone out, and setting really bad examples for Nico so I'm hoping we can work together to help them learn when to walk away and ask for help in dealing with the situations before they escalate so far.

No comments: