Well, Wednesday afternoon I was checking email and another homeschool mom had posted that Paolini was going to be in the area at a ticketed signing that night. She had 2 tickets but was unable to go. It had been 30min since she posted but I took a chance and she still had them. So much for Mark's father's birthday celebration that night. LOL
Now I've not read his books yet (they are in the cue LOL) but still, I found him to be an engaging young man, very passionate about his creation, very interesting to listen to. He read aloud some of his favorite passages from his new book, Brisinger, including some in the Elvish and Dwarvish languages. During the signing he came up to the podium a few times to make up trivia questions for the contest going on. When we finally got up to him for the book signing, even tho we were some of the last people and this was his second to last stop on the book tour, he still showed interest in who he was signing the books for, answered my Christopher's question that he hadn't been able to ask during the presentation, and again just struck me as one of the nicest young men, someone who you would want to be friends with regardless of whether or not he was a famous author.
1 comment:
This is so cool. Can't wait to share it with my 12yo--also a fan.
Post a Comment