This was posted while I was out and about today....
Update 4
Still alive! Stayed the same most of the day. No big improvements but no backwards movement either. Biggest question is brain damage and we won't know until her body is more stable. Your thoughts have lifted us more than you know. You know I am not a praying person, but I am praying now, I will do/try anything to keep my baby alive. There is a part of me furious at the situation/universe, I mean how much can one family endure? MIL flies in tonite to help and my family is all here. We are living a parent's worst nightmare and I wish I could wake up and it was all just a bad dream.
Other than continuing to pray not much is up with us. I'm putting "A week in my life" on hold for a bit as much of my thoughts are concentrated on Cici right now. I'll restart fresh up probably next week and just give brief updates on things with us for the mean time.
Today I took the boys to the Winchester Mystery House for a guided tour. Love that place and I'm thinking it's the one house I've seen where maybe, just maybe, I could leave Christopher and Matthew alone and they wouldn't be able to find each other to fight. Hmmmm....
After that we headed over to my mom's to just hang for a bit. It was nice that Nico is now old enough to play nicely (sort of) with the big boys so I don't have to be constantly dealing with him. He very happily played Wii and I'm guessing the turn thing went okay because I didn't hear any squawking from in there and he only came out to eat or drink or say hi to me (read as "make sure I hadn't left him" LOL). It was a nice visit and it helped me unwind a little from all the stress that's been hanging over me lately.
After getting home Mark headed back out to pick up our new fridge. Well, new to us and a lot newer than our old one. Someone had this and when they moved 2yrs ago it was too big for their new house. It's only about 4yrs old so much more energy efficient than our old one, the biggest size we can fit in our house, and just big enough to hold everything from both our old fridges so we are hoping to be able to send the small one to Mark's work soon and just use that space for more food stock of the non-perishible variety. I'm totally loving this fridge tho as it's got all the adjustable shelving not only in the fridge but on the door as well. We've currently got 4 gallons of milk sitting in the fridge door! Not like that will last long but still. There was no way we could even get one in our old door storage so this is cool! (yes, I'm a dork and I'm ok with my dorkiness LOL)
The only area of concern for me right now is that Nico fell asleep in the car on the way home, just a few minutes from home as a matter of fact. That was over 5hrs ago. Anyone want to take odds on him waking at 3am and deciding its party time? Yeah, I didn't think so. Even Vegas wouldn't take those odds. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment