Saturday, October 04, 2008
52:78 Masque of the Red Death by Wendy Pini
Ok, yeah, I know this is actually a graphic novel but hey, I figure it makes up for some of the other longer winded things I'm reading that only count for one book. :) Story is based on the short story by Poe and will be a couple of volumes with one being released each year. Grrrrr.. LOL Artwork was beautiful, not like you would expect anything else from her hand tho the main characters reminded me a little too much of the High Ones in how even as men they were willowy and graceful. The story wasn't quite what I was expecting as she added her own *ahem* interesting twists to the characters involvement (at least I dont' remember that part in the original story...it has been pushed up in the queue tho so I can compare properly LOL) but it was very enjoyable. NOT for kids tho. I've hidden my copy on the pretense that it's signed and they need to keep their hands off my signed stuff. In reality, I would have hidden it anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment