Sunday, October 05, 2008

How many times can the plan change?

Well, I want to thank all our guests for Christopher's birthday party for putting up with how crazy everything got today but I hope everyone had a good time.

So to start out our changing plans, the movie Christopher wanted to see, "Journey to the Center of the Earth" stopped showing in local theaters on Thursday. So we switched to our back-up plan of "Star Wars: Clone Wars". Unfortunately that was only showing in one theater and that was about 30mi from the restaurant that Christopher had first chosen for our lunch so we agonized over what else we could do and finally settled on Windy City Pizza as our meeting point. We would regret that. I emailed everyone the change of plans on Friday when we got the news and proceeded with the weekend.

Fast forward to today. We got to Windy City Pizza right on time only to realize that not being football fans we had failed to take that into account when choosing the only restaurant in the area guarenteed to be showing the Bears game. Oops. The adults ended up spending half the time standing around outside trying to escape some of the enthusiasm.

While waiting for the food to show up, Mark went to the theater to get the tickets to save time later. He calls me from the theater to tell me that even tho the movie listings had a 2:55p movie the last showing for the movie is at 12:30p (10min from when he was calling me) and that it was the LAST SHOWING OF ANY MOVIE AT THE THEATER! They were demolishing the theater right after the 12:30p movies! Good grief!

Seriously, could this party thing have possibly been more crazy? We ended up giving Christopher a few suggestions and he went for driving the cars at Malibu Grand Prix. Everyone seemed to have a good time (I sure hope so) and I know that the birthday boy did so I was glad for that.

*whew* Last birthday part of the year and the last one I need to deal with for 4mos. I'm looking forward to the break.

3 comments:

me said...

wow, you are all very creative under pressure!! glad he had a good day despite the changes!! :)
enjoy your birthday respite, lol ;)

Anonymous said...

What theater have they demolished??

Robin said...

uhmm Go BEARS!