Friday, October 17, 2008

Maybe my cakes aren't so bad

I know I'm not the greatest cake decorator. I freely admit that but I also generally don't charge for my cakes, they are always edible, the spelling and grammar are good, and they don't generally induce people into fits of laughter or vomiting.

That can't be said for many of the cakes on this website:
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

What's worse is that these are professional cakes. There were some truly horrible wedding cakes on there and I couldn't believe that real decorators would even try to pass these off as even decent to their paying clients especially given how much professional bakeries charge (the main reason I started doing my own).

But hey, it's not going to waste as they get second lives in providing us with laughter. I spent too much of the day going through every page on this blog just laughing at what people do.

For the record, there are some absolutely gorgeous cakes on there in her "Sweet Sunday" posts. I won't be showing the Lego Batman cake to my kids just in case they start thinking they want that for their birthdays. LOL

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

Your cakes are always fantastic and they taste yummy too.
But definitely don't show the boys the lego batman cake. They don't need ideas.
Love
Mom

Robin said...

Fun cake site. They would have loved our family graduation party cake where they squeezed 7 graduates' names on it. Correction, they did 6 and the hostess had to write the 7th one in at the last minute so it basically looked like the celebration was for NATHANVALBRIANNATALIETHERESEERINCORINNE

BTW, I just tagged you - come see what you have to do!