We've now made it past Easter. It's Monday, April 12, and I've dropped off Matt, Jon, and their friend Ian at STAR testing for Ocean Grove. I have Nico with me and we head off to run errands. I had finished the last of these with a nice big Costco run and had gotten the call to come pick up the kids. I get in my car and ....nothing. Try again and nothing. Call AAA to get them out there and call kids back to tell them I'm running late. Call Ian's mom to give her a head's up. Sit in car because foot is still in bad shape and isn't happy with me for walking through Costco after walking through Target. AAA finally shows and diagnosis is likely the fuel pump. Not an uncommon problem with Chevy's but not what I needed to hear after all the other repair bills we've been dealing with. I call Ian's mom so she can pick him up and arrange for the others to be okay while I get driven to the rental car place to get transportation. Thankfully the only car they had, while much more than I wanted to be paying, did have enough space to carry my Costco trip. While taking the rental car back to have some more damage noted after getting the groceries, I tripped and twisted my ankle. After we got home, I was getting groceries in the house and twisted the other ankle. While nursing those, we found out that I was also dealing with tendinitis. The insoles of my shoes were dead and so was all the air cushioning support. Thankfully I had some brand new insoles I could stick in until I could get to a shoe store where I could plunk down $$$ on new shoes. Cheap is no longer an option so I went for good gel walking shoes and good insoles that I can replace every 3mos for free (hopefully).
So now we are in May. End of the school year is rapidly approaching. I haven't graded papers in months. We have Christopher's play. Matthew and Jonathan's art show. More KSW testing (or how we endedup with Kittens). Classes at LHS. Tickets to Maker Faire. Jonathan's IEP. Switching Jonathan's speech therapist. A house that is a total wreck due to months of me being sick and injured. What joy! We got through it all tho and the school year was over (well, except for that paper grading thing which I'm sure will result in some summer school for someone). It's the first week of summer break and I'm looking forward to some down time and starting to get things back on track when....
I get sick again! I finally started feeling better just as we headed to Baycon where I came down with something else within 24hrs. Yes, I'm beyond ready to scream at all this. It creeped down into my lungs and I'm still not fully over it. On Wedn, I stopped at GNC and grabbed some elderberry lozenges and emergen-c. Yesterday, I went to New Leaf to add a Wellness blend, Acai berry, and glucosamine/chondrotine to my multi-vitamin and acidopholus blend that I'm trying to take daily again. Thinking about going and grabbing an Omega 3 as well. I just can't stand how sick I've been and how bad everything around the house has gotten. To top it all off, our outside freezer circuit apparently tripped a couple of days ago and we found that everything in there was defrosted. We saved most of the chicken (guess what we are eating every night for dinner this week) and the cookie dough got given away since it all has to be baked now and we are closing that down so we only have the indoor ones that we can keep a better eye on.
And I still haven't had time to go through our budgets but as far as I can tell, with all the kids summer stuff and then all the extra repairs we've had plus owing taxes rather than getting a refund because our tax laws SUCK, our extra money is gone and we have no debt paid off to show for it. :( However, we still have the smaller salary so it's going to be that much harder to actually dig ourselves out of the debt. :( The good news tho is that Mark is loving his new job and his new boss. They are appreciative of him and he was told that for working a few hours from home yesterday, he would be due a comp day. They seem to be so fair in their dealings which is so refreshing after the last several years.
In a final, scary, note Christopher completed his Driver's Ed course this past week. We should have his certificate of completion this coming week so I need to get on the horn to sign him up for Driver's Training and then once we get the certificate saying we are signed up for that, we make the appointment at the DMV for him to take his written test and get his Driver's Permit. You may all run screaming now if you live in the Bay Area. I know I am.
But in a nutshell, that's what's been going on here for the last several months. Nothing but crazy and most of it having me just shutting down and trying to cope with each day as best I can. I'm trying hard to come out of the funk and hopefully start clawing my way up to where I can be healthy and deal with everything because it sure isn't getting any better while I've been sick.
At least I've been able to do a lot of reading tho. Gotta look for those silver linings.
1 comment:
OMG - how is it that your oldest is now in driver's training? Sheesh - where does the time go!
Post a Comment