Thursday, June 10, 2010

104:65 Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton

The newest Anita Blake novel. It was ok, nothing really spectacular. It is simply part of the train wreck that has become this series. There is tons of sex loosely tied together with something that wants to resemble a story arc but not a real plot because absolutely nothing gets resolved. It's really just a way to get Anita from one sex scene to the next. And really, how many times do we have to be told the color of Jean-Claude's eyes (or anyone else's looks) in each book??? It's annoying enough that she has to describe them in the exact same manner in every single book (just in case for some reason someone picked up this book as their first intro to the world) but multiple times of the same description in the same book?! Come on. I found that this book she was just super concentrating on descriptions of every kind (and isn't it amazing how every single guy is built, hung, and handsome?!) but the plot continues to be extraordinarily thin. I keep saying that I'm going to quit buying them in hardback or at all but every once in a while we get a glimpse that she might be starting to pull it around again and I want to believe so very badly that it's going to start getting plots again, that it will be more like the series I really got into (back before Narcissus) but nope, I just get duped again. *sigh* I'd like to say I'll learn this time but I know I likely won't. I just need to make sure that I can find the hardbacks cheaper because I can't live with paying full price for my stupidity.

Page count: 356p/19,560p ytd

No comments: