Sunday, June 20, 2010

Toy Story 3 Review

First, Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads I know but most especially to my dad from whom I have learned so much and who has shaped so much of my attitudes in many ways and also to Mark for being such a wonderful father to our monsters brood.

Now onto the review...

Toy Story 3 has been many years in the making. For a while, there was a big feud between Disney and Pixar over contracts and such and it was looking like Disney was going to make a TS3 without Pixar. The thought made everyone cringe in horror. Then Disney and Pixar made up and became partners and a huge sigh of relief was had by all.

I admit, I was super excited when I heard that Pixar was doing TS3. Nicholas is the right age and really getting into Buzz and Woody. Every time he saw the posters and ads, he would start talking about it. Since it came out Father's Day weekend, we decided that would be a great thing to do as a family.

Toy Story 3 did not disappoint. The story was as well thought out and executed as always. There were the jokes for the kids and the ones for the adults. Nicholas was super excited by it. Jonathan and Matthew had a good time. Mark and I and even his parents had fun with it and were caught laughing out loud from time to time. Even Christopher was occasionally heard to laugh and even admitted afterward, "It was weird but good". High praise indeed from a teenager.

My advice, if you enjoyed the first two, is head to the theater and catch this one. It's well worth it.

Now the impatient wait for Tron Legacy begins.

No comments: