Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's nice being done

I knew back when I got pregnant with Nicholas that he was our last. Not just because I knew we were doing something permanent about it after he was born but because I had this incredible sense of peace with him being our last during my entire pregnancy. Considering what a handful he's been, that has merely confirmed that decision. I'd be lying if I said I never had the occasional passing thought of missing pregnancy and the newborn stage but that's been all it is and the whole memory of the toddler stage is still very fresh in my mind and something that I do not care to repeat.

That decision has been confirmed this week. I've been helping out a friend by watching her 17mo old daughter. Z is a sweet thing, very happy for the most part, and while active not nearly to the level of Nicholas. It's been fun having her here but even with having a little girl around, I have no desire to be doing this on a daily basis. I'm very content to get my cuddles with her and then give her back at the end of the day. Playing Auntie is quite okay with me.

No comments: