Friday, June 11, 2010

The phone calls I've been dreading...

I knew that this day would come eventually. I tried putting it off. I tried putting it onto other people but it was time to get it done and it was left to me to make the final calls.

I registered Chris for behind-the-wheel driver's training. He has his certificate of completion for his Driver's Ed (written coursework). He will get the certificate saying he's registered for the behind-the-wheel portion tonight and next week we'll take both of those over to the DMV and he can take his written test for his Driver's Permit.

I even talked to the insurance company and got the details on that. Basically we are fine until he gets his real license and then we hand over a small fortune every 6mos to pay for having a driver with no information. Ugh. No discounts for grades or defensive driving courses taken. Apparently they've been burned too many times by CA allowing discounts and then revoking them that they just don't offer much in the way of discounts any more. So not what my budget wanted to hear.

So for now, I tell you all to get your driving in while you can. Take those nice walks on the sidewalk in peace and relative safety. Once Mark's son gets behind the wheel, all those niceties will be things of the past.

No comments: