It started with a phone call at 8:10a from Jon's speech therapist saying that yes, we could move things around and have him seen at 9a so he could make it before his surf camp. Well, that gave us just 30min to get him and Nicholas ready, his lunch and other surf stuff together, and pack Nicholas's swim bag plus feed everyone. Done! Got him to speech just 2min late and that's because I ended up behind someone doing 5mph, weaving erratically, and stopping in the middle of the road for no reason for a stretch.
We managed to get Nicholas into his swim stuff and Jon into his wetsuit after speech in record time. Raced from speech in HMB to surfer's beach in EG to drop Jon off and then raced back to HMB for Nicholas's swim lesson at 10a. We were totally on time for everything.
After swim class, I took Nicholas to get his free ice cream cone that he had earned for getting his white ribbon last week and then met up with Kat at Safeway to get Zadra. Big brother Aaron had stayed the night and was back at home with the other boys. Raced through the grocery shopping and got a call that Chris's friend was on his way to my house. I got there after Stone and his mom, Lisa, had arrived but not horribly afterward. Lisa was a huge help keeping an eye on Zadra while I got groceries put away and we had plenty of time to chat while the boys were playing and she even kept an eye on all 6 kids while I raced out to pick up Jon.
I whipped up some dinner and managed to get everyone fed before they all took off. Mark is still at work (planned late night so I knew it was coming) and now I'm taking a few minutes to chill before going and getting on the kids' case to finish their chores. But in all, it was a lovely day where things worked out great. I was able to get kids to their stuff, run the errands I needed to, and even got in some great adult conversation. I could use more days like this.
1 comment:
OK, I'm feeling dumb. EG? Also I like the new background on the Blog. Nice and summery.
And at some point we must get the Uncle together with his nephews. Dad should be stable enough to be abandon for some hours. I'll give you a call this weekend.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment