Thursday, July 16, 2009

I played hookey

Well, not totally and it's not like I didn't tell Mark I was hitting B&N and Costco after dropping Matthew off at camp today but hey, I got a few kid-free hours in a bookstore! A huge air-conditioned building filled with beautiful books and a Starbucks. Seriously, I think that's my idea of heaven right there. I found a couple of books I was looking for, picked up a few new authors to try out, and grabbed a few things for Matthew's book bag for his upcoming birthday. I know, I know, it's not like I need more books but I had a GC burning a whole in my pocket. Of course, I spent about 4xs that amount but hey, at least it's on books that I will read at some point.

Unfortunately while I was enjoying my solo adult time, Mark was on a phone conference with Nico and Jonathan trying to kill each other at home. *sigh* They were fine last week but they had Christopher home too so I guess that made a huge difference. I don't know what it is about those two but they can NOT be in the same room together without Jonathan whining and then crying after Nico starts beating on him. He just won't budge an inch to Nico and of course, that doesn't go over with him real well. So no more excursions without kids for me unless there are older ones at home to keep the peace or Mark doesn't actually have to work.

No comments: