Well, after spending the weekend wondering why Mona hadn't contacted me about coming out for 4th of July and figuring we just needed a break I got my answer today. Jason is living with his mom again, going back to the public school down there and either he lied to her about us or she knows that she backstabbed us and made us into liars and was too embarrassed to deal with it. Either way, it doesn't matter because I'm done. She lied to us and between her and big Jason, they made sure that little Jason knew he would eventually get what he wanted and he did. He knew he didn't have to change because he knew he could manipulate the two of them to eventually let him go back to his mom's doing exactly what he was doing before. All their talk of being done letting him manipulate them was just talk. Funny how they kept telling us how we had to be careful of him because he lies and manipulates but then they fall for it every time. And now she's willing to end our friendship and watch her kid end up dead or in jail rather than grow a backbone. It's just so much easier to bury him than tell his dad "no, I'm not taking him back because I've tried and I can't control him". So much easier to visit him in jail than call CPS and ask for help because you can't handle your kid.
So I'm done. I won't be there for her to complain to about this. I've given advice for years to help avoid it coming to this. We took him in and put our whole family through hell for 3mos for nothing. If she called me tomorrow and told me he was dead or in jail the only words I would have for her are told you so. I'm done letting this family hurt and use me and mine.
3 comments:
Well, that just stinks. He had lots of potential, but not having the support you need, there was nothing you can do - except call CPS yourself. And that's very hard to do.
I still say you will receive your blessing for opening your home....and your heart to this troubled teen. It won't come from his parents - that is clear - but I so admire you for following your heart and reaching out to a friend in need. Not everyone would expose their family to the unknown to try and give him a more positive example of how a family can live. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him - HIS loss! But I'm really sad for you that your friend took advantage and seems ungrateful. Hugs dear!
Well...You tried. I hope that someday he realizes that you had fabulous goals and dreams for him. You were his angel and he kicked you in the pants. Hold your head high.
Post a Comment