Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 1 and he arrived safely

After the problems getting on the plane last night, I'm happy to say the rest of the journeys went without a hitch. The caught their connection and arrived around at their destination around 9am local time, rented a car, and went to brunch at the Waffle House. Mark tells me that the campus is beautiful and when he left Christopher was already engaged in a game of Munchkin Cthulu. I told him he should have packed Zombie Fluxx. LOL But seriously, I don't think there could have been a better introduction for him to these kids. I got into a texting arguement with him because his dad told me he needed to eat and he told me he had. Yeah, a donought. That's really going to do wonders for your blood sugar on one meal and no sleep. I told him to go eat a protein bar. LOL I tried texting him as I knew he was heading to bed to see how the rest of his day had gone and got a "Fine, talk to you tomorrow" in response. Gee thanks for the insight and sharing! LOL So I did the mom thing and nagged from 3000 miles away to get him to take a shower, change his underwear, and brush his teeth. Hopefully he'll get internet set-up soon and since he now has permission to join FB, I can get some updates from him that way. Sheesh!

As for those of us staying home, it was the start of the massive, massive cleaning I want to get done around here. We started with cleaning up the recycling outside and picking up all the trash that always seems to get scattered every where (I really have no idea how they do that when taking the trash out). I cleaned the fridge out yesterday and got the freezer compartment done today. I want to do the big freezer tomorrow since I want to hit Costco on Tuesday. I got the boys and a timer and we started in on their room. No, it's not even close to being done even after spending a couple of hours in there but we got the sheets on their beds, went through the dressers and straightened/organized them, put away all the discs left lying around, sorted out the Wii stuff and found a better home for it, and cleared off the shelving unit under the TV including the floor in front of it. Tomorrow I'm hoping to start in on the game corner. We haven't done a ton of decluttering yet but that definitely needs to get done as well. There is just too much crap in there as always.

With Christopher and Mark both gone, we are all pitching in to cover the chores. I trained Matthew on how to put all the dishes away this morning and he in turn trained Jonathan on how to sort the recycling. I get the lovely tasks of taking out the trash and dealing with the cat boxes. Blech! I don't think I'm letting Christopher go on another big camp like this ever again if I'm going to get stuck with those chores again. LOL

No comments: