I meant to do a lot of things this week. I meant to do a lot of things last week and the week before that too. I was really hoping to get some things done this summer but unfortunately, like last summer, that doesn't seem to be happening. The last two weeks I was plagued with the migraine. This week with being in the car constantly after driving to San Diego and back within just over 48hrs and Nico insisting on being in my bed where he does nothing but batter me all night....well, I hit the wall of exhaustion today. I managed to get the checkbook balanced yesterday but today, I could barely stay awake all day. I spent whatever time I wasn't driving some child somewhere laying on my bed with my book and a snack. I'm still tired.
Nico unfortunately despite telling me all day that he was tired including taking a power nap has been a nightmare. He wants to cuddle with me but apparently we have very different ideas of cuddling. Mine includes curling up together quietly. His means clambering all over me, sticking knees in my shin bones, elbows in upper arms, and head butting me in the face. He did this all through dinner (ever try eating when someone is doing that to you?) and then while we all tried to watch HP2. I gave him his melatonin. I laid down with him on the couch so he could watch the movie but hopefully settle a bit. I dozed and was woken multiple times by more jabs from elbows and knees and more of his hard head to my face. I finally yelled at him to get away from me (I had tried asking him nicely the entire time to please stop so by this time I was D-O-N-E with asking nicely) and he starts crying. In the middle of all this, Mark gets home early as a surprise for me and walks in on this scene. I get Nico's teeth brushed and tell him to go to bed. Big surprise, he wants to sleep with me. Not a freaking chance buster. I need a freaking decent night's sleep and I'm done being near you for a bit. Cue hysterics again. Mark (husband of the year nominee extraordinaire) steps in and tries talking to him. No dice. He then takes the screaming monster out for a drive so he'll hopefully fall asleep and I don't have to listen to him for a bit. Right after getting off a plane from SLC where he's been the last three days. The other three children have mysteriously vanished into their room. I think they have decided that out of sight is good right now. I'm thinking they are right as I'm heading to bed to try and have a better day tomorrow and maybe, just maybe get to some of the things I mean to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment