Friday, July 10, 2009

Good-bye Tony and Hello Jillian

So it took 6wks to get through the 2nd 4wks of the Advanced 10 Minute Trainer but we have and I'm definitely ready for a break from Tony. My impressions of the Advanced....Meh. It didn't add the Total Body 2 and Upper Body in that much so really, it wasn't all that different than the first 4wks except there was more emphasis on Cardio and Core Cardio. Trust me, after 8wks of basically listening to the same routines every day, I have them memorized and not in a complementary way. I guess I probably should have switched over to the trainer track and maybe that would have helped but then again, maybe not. I still would have had that commentary running through my head. It's like listening to American Pie but hearing the Saga Begins in your head the entire time. It's headache making.

So after 10wks of Tony, we are bidding him farewell for a bit and moving on over to work out with our new buddy Jillian Michaels and her 30 Day Shred. 20 minute workout every time and you do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, and then level 3 for 10 days. So today we started with level 1. I used the 5lb weights. For the last circuit I switched to 3lbs because my arms were going to fall off, literally. During some of the cardio stuff, my legs became dead weight. I'm sitting here afterward and my arms hurt from the movement of my fingers typing. But it was a good workout, really. Even better was listening to my husband cursing her out the entire time (yes, we are still working out together and he agreed to my suggestion to do this workout next, he is awesome!). We are leaving for a wedding and will be on the road almost as much as long as we'll be gone but we are taking our workout stuff with us, including the weights and we'll be sticking with it on the road. I'm still dealing with a low level headache that keeps trying to push to a migraine but so far hasn't. And yes, all this means I made it through the entire workout without a dizzy spell so that was definitely a good thing.

No comments: