Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random thoughts on today...

Overall it was a nice day. Mark did get me my winter bear from BABW and also got me my favorite Lindt truffles, some maple candy, and some new teas from Teavana to try. They smell nummy! Walt and Kendra took us out to a dim sum dinner and ordered enough to feed a larger army than I come with (tho I think if Matthew and Christopher had been in one of their "must eat like an elephant" moods it would have been just right). We all took home plenty of leftovers so Mark and the boys will get to have that while I'm at my MNO tomorrow.

My mom got me a neat looking cookbook of make-ahead meals. Kendra gave me a silver pin that she made using a leaf from her garden as the template. She also took my wedding ring which I had asked her to fix to a local jeweler who could match the emerald. It wasn't ready today and he felt bad and sent a lovely hand-blown and painted bottle and hopefully my ring will be ready tomorrow. I can't wait to have my real wedding band back on my finger.

On the unpleasant side of the day, Mark got a phone call on the way home informing him that his company is laying off about 1/3 of it's workforce. He is not in any danger *whew* but he is in the position that he'll be making the decision as to who is most expendable from his dept. They are understaffed any way so things are going to be just that much harder and it's still likely that he'll be asked to take a pay cut at some point. This has happened before and they were able to rebound and I'm praying that they can again. It does unfortunately put a damper on any hope of us trying to get in on the housing market decline. *sigh* I guess we'll just keep praying that this company will actually go public and his options will get us a good down payment when the time is right.

No comments: