Thursday, November 08, 2007

Long Lost Friends

One of my many faults is that I'm a horrible correspondent. I know this and I am working desperately to change it but it's there. I lose touch with people easily, not because of a lack of caring but simply due to my own distractablity. I think "Oh, I must call/email so-and-so" when I'm doing the laundry or driving the kids to an activity or in the middle of whatever mundane task I'm in and I may even hold onto this thought for a bit if I'm out and about but once I'm actually home and able to do something about it, all coherent thoughts about maintaining relationships with other adults flees in terror in the face of everything that needs to get done around the house or the kids constant demands on me (I'm not sure which tho I'm guessing both).

So imagine my surprise that anyone at all actually tries to maintain a friendship with me but somehow I've been very blessed with persistent friends who see past my many faults, such as this one, and track me down to touch base. Today was one of those days where out of the blue, someone I haven't talked to in close to a year popped up to say "Hi there, remember me" and it has brought such a smile to my face. We exchanged blogs and websites and I'm working to catch up with all that has been going on in her life and will be working on catching up reading all the wonderful stories she has written (I can't wait!).

So to all my wonderful, persistent friends....Thank You! Thank you for putting up with me and hunting me down to check in. I do notice, I do appreciate it, and I do care. And I will try to get better!

No comments: