Okay, I admit it, I'm the horrible mom who forgot the kids 6mo check up at that was due in January of this year and hasn't taken them since. Keep meaning to call and keep forgetting when I'm near the phone and number at the same time. Jonathan has the abscess last week so I got him in and made the appointment for all of the big ones to be seen today. The outcome of over a year without seeing a dentist:
Christopher - The child who will not brush his teeth unless threatened with horrible things...Not a single cavity. Beautiful, perfect teeth. If only I were so lucky. :( He got a cleaning, x-rays, and sealants put on his 12yr molars.
Matthew - Another one who is not great about brushing unless constantly reminded. One cavity but it was on the big side in a tooth that had a small filling already. The dentist filled it but it may need a baby root canal and crown just because it's right near the nerve. We'll keep an eye on it for now and make sure he gets seen in 6mos if not sooner. We also have to talk about getting caps on his bottom canines. Not because he has cavities but because his baby enamel is so week that they are just grinding down quicker than they should and the nerve canal is exposed already. I need to figure out when to get him in to get that done. Poor guy, sometimes genetics just suck.
Jonathan - 1 small cavity and a few fillings that needed to be replaced so nothing major. Still keeping an eye on the tooth with the abscess but so far that's looking better so they are leaving it alone for now. Odds are tho that since it's one of the molars which are the last to come out that it will be capped at some point.
It was really a good visit tho. The boys all behaved, nothing major going on with their teeth, and we got all the fillings done today too so we don't have to go back until we decide on what's going to happen with the caps. But yes, I will be making sure that they get in for their 6mo check ups on time. Even tho there was nothing really major going on, I still feel horrible for dropping the ball there.
No comments:
Post a Comment