I just haven't been near it long enough to find it. LOL It's weird, I've been home this week but not really, always something else going on again. Unfortunately my house is showing the typical signs of neglect...in other words, WWIII has happened when I wasn't looking. I hate to point fingers since I know we are all responsible to some degree but I think, in this case, there is definitely one person who has more than the fair share of the blame. NICO!!! Love him but good grief child, slow down, stop tearing the house apart every second of the day, and SLEEP!!!! Please, for the love of G-D and all that is holy...SLEEP!!!! His current bedtime has been around 1a for the last week and I'm dying. I can't get up in the morning and function on 4hrs of sleep any more. He's killed all my reserves months ago and I'm not fighting a cold so my energy level is subpar any way. Yes, I know that this too shall pass. Trust me, I am reminding myself of that fact pretty much every second of every day and and twice that from the hours of 9p-1a. It truly is a good thing that he's almost as cute as he thinks he is.
To top off my lovely lack of sleep, Mark's company has just been through a major layoff. His job is secure (Thank you G-d) but for the first time, he was in the position of having to decide who got cut. It was very difficult for him as he can't see people as just numbers, they are humans with families and they are generally his friends. He had to let go one person with 2 boys who he had lured away from another company just a few months previously. He almost had to let go a man who just recently became a father. We've been in that position so many times with so many start-ups and it's impossible not to know exactly how that person is feeling. Unfortunately, all these cuts have only bought the company approximately 9 more months. They are switching tactics and goals and it's known that they will be turning away work and making very little for the next few months as they restructure and work towards the goal of being a true software company rather than a services company. It's going to be a long, hard road to get to where they need and want to be and turning a profit but Mark thinks they can make it. I will simply put my trust in him and G-d to see us safe.
1 comment:
I feel badly about the job sitch. Right before the holidays too. How unfair.
Why wont that little boy sleep?! Sleep study?
Post a Comment