He slept!!!! Yes, you read (and see) that correctly. Nico, our non-sleeping one, fell asleep as soon as we put him in front of his dinner. That is not the turkey magic there. He just went down. So what did we all do???? Laughed hysterically, took pics, and then moved him. He woke up around 9p and was up for less than 2hrs before going back down.
So what was I thankful for this year? Sleep!
Okay, okay, I'm thankful for a lot more than that. I'm thankful for all the usual stuff. My family, my boys, my friends, our health, that Mark still has a job. I'm so very thankful that Kim and Josie came to share the day with us. But I'm also thankful that I feel like I'm starting to find myself again. Who I am and what I want out of life, at least on a small scale, and am working on ways to improve myself and my relationships with others. I'm thankful that Matthew seems to finally be growing up just a touch to realize that instant gratification has it's drawbacks and sometimes you just need to buckle down and do the work sooner rather than later. I'm thankful that Christopher is growing into such a fine young man despite having me for his mom. I'm thankful for Jonathan's smile and all his snuggles. I'm thankful for Nico's boundless energy because I know that it will serve him in good stead when he's older even if it's hard on me right now. I'm thankful for Mark for being my partner in everything and putting up with me when Nico doesn't let me sleep. I'm thankful that while our country may not be everything we want or think it should be, we are still free to try and change it and make a difference. I'm thankful that we have the freedom to make choices and while some may be mistakes, we have the freedom to learn from them and try to correct them.
So to all my friends, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you got some sleep too!
2 comments:
He's such a doll, awake or asleep!
A sleeping Nico. I would definitely be grateful.
I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment