Friday, January 08, 2010

Not home all day, it must be Friday!

Well, that or a Tuesday. It seems time at home on those two days is definitely at a premium. Today we started out with our ES meeting at the house which was nice since everyone was moving slow this morning. I raced out of the house with Nico 15min for his zoo class only to encounter a fallen tree being removed from the Pacifica end of Hwy1. I'm thankful tho because I got there when there were one way traffic controls and it was being dealt with. Much better than getting there 5min after it's happened and everything is a mess and you are stuck for hours.

Zoo class was fun. Nico still refuses to participate in the animal pretending part which I find hilarious since he spends half his time as my kitty, Monday. He wouldn't even pretend to be a monkey today which really surprised me. When he sees his teacher hand out the cards for the parents to hide while they pretend to be animals, he runs to the same corner of the room and stays there until they all turn human again. I'm sure there is some deep Freudian thing going on in his id that causes this but I have no clue what it is.

He did decide that he really likes the new twins that just started this session so that was nice. They ran around after class over to the ARC and then Nico insisted we follow them to the petting zoo. I told him we only had a couple of minutes but he was happy for whatever time he could get out of me and even did well when I told him his time was up and we had to go. I plan on making sure that next week we don't have to run errands afterward so he can have more zoo playtime.

We did a return at Kohls and then I did a little shopping there. Some nice sales going on a few items that I have been looking for so I was happy to grab those, including a black dry-weave workout shirt for use at KSW. I dislike having my clothes sticking to me when we've been working hard and I'm hoping this helps that. Then we did a quick Costco run, and I do mean quick. I was in and out in less than an hour and spent just over $100. I stuck to my list except for two items that Nico reminded me we needed and he stayed in the cart so all was good. We even arrived 5min early to pick up Matthew & Jonathan from art class.

Grabbed a bit to eat and then it was off again. This time I was dropping the three oldest off at Black Belt Club. Usually I take that hour to go veg at Starbucks but this time I had been invited over to a new friend's house to help teach her cross-stitch. We ended up talking about all sorts of things (including a little cross-stitch) and talked so long that I was 30min late picking up the boys. It was a great time tho and totally worth it (even if I did have to put up with their razzing on the way home). We have a trip to Michael's planned for tomorrow. *happy dance*

No comments: