The 3rd book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. We get to meet Artemis, Apollo, and Aphrodite in person and the others briefly at the end. Things are definitely moving towards the climax and it will be interesting to see who ends up on which side. The series has grown on me a bit. I still find it a bit simplistic and typical but maybe that's part of it's charm. It's really a simpler version of the Harry Potter tales. You even have your antagonist directing things while trying to come back from the beyond. I wouldn't recommend this as a straight read for adults but I would recommend it for those with late elementary to middle school kids as a fun read for them to share. It won't make the parents groan too much, the kids will enjoy it, and you can then discuss the original Greek legends that they come from together for an impromptu history lesson.
Page count: 312p/3,178p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment