Well, in actuality, it began before Christmas. Nicholas has been figuring out the concepts of time and how calendars work (see, all that preschool calendar stuff we've been doing is working LOL). He's also gotten really into the whole concept of birthdays and has been asking since before Christmas when his birthday is. Before Christmas we would say in about 2mos and then try to focus him on the coming holidays. Now, the next big thing IS his birthday and he's ALL about that. All the time. When we told him on Monday that his birthday was one month away, he did his major happy dance including the booty butt wiggle. Now, he's working on understanding that his actual birthday and his birthday party will be on separate days and he's asking for countdowns for each. Right now, he wants to know how many weeks but once we hit February, I'm sure the daily countdown will start.
I have to say, it's so funny how excited he is by it and I'm eagerly awaiting the days too, just because he is finding such joy in it this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment