On this Mother's Day, I'm reminded of some of the stranger things I've said since becoming a mom. None of them were ever meant the way they sounded and it was only after the words came out of my mouth that I realized how they could have been interpreted.
"If you don't stop running around like that you are going to get hit with the rope!" - said to Nicholas just this last week as he kept darting between Jonathan and myself as I was trying to help Jonathan with his Occupational Therapy.
"If you keep that up, you will end up with more staples in your head!" - said to Nicholas as he was yet again running around avoiding a diaper change.
"No more swim classes for you if don't stay down!" - said to Jonathan who was using the technique for climbing out of the pool for climbing up on the fridge.
I'm sure there are many more but those are the ones that spring instantly to mind. Anyone remember any others or ones you've said that in hindsight didnt' sound quite right? I'd love to hear them!
No comments:
Post a Comment