Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dead computer :(

Second computer in the last year just died on me. Same models, same issue, both older and gotten used. Fan died, heated up too much, wouldn't come back. Thankfully my data is still intact and Mark was able to come up with a new (used) laptop for me to use. This one has a busted screen but since it's docked, it doesn't matter. He also found me a nice bigger flatscreen display so that's a nice bonus. Of course, now we still need to transfer all my data over so I don't have anything other than internet access right now and not even good email access since I have to use webmail until we get everything moved over. Total pita but at least I won't be down for too long. I do think we are going to be looking into buying me a brand-new laptop during the after Christmas sales since all the ones we get are old work machines with quite a bit of use already on them. It will be nice to finally get my first brand-new machine but I wish we could have put it off longer.

No comments: