Monday, February 08, 2010

Update on Fitness stuff

I'm copying and pasting from my SP blog but I want to make sure that I keep myself accountable.

Ok, the stress and having family over and everything else got to me and I didn't track my calorie intake over the weekend although I can tell you I didn't stay in range. I ate too much chocolate. I did get more sleep tho and I did drink my water and do some cardio every day so there are some positives to take away. Weekends aren't necessarily the downfall for me, it's having company over. Sitting around, chatting, destressing...and I'm reaching for the chocolate. Something I need to be more aware of and work to change.

I got right back on track today tho! I didn't sleep much last night due to my littlest one having a rough night but I got up as soon as he let me and did TJ:20min plus the BLC100s and forms practice. I had to run some errands and had some time to kill and instead of hitting Starbucks for an expensive high calorie drink, I went to a local coffee shop instead and got a cup of tea. I was able to use a discount card I had so it was very inexpensive and I ran into some friends there so instead of sticking my nose in a book I was able to have some adult conversation. *shock* I came home and decided that I've been wanting to give C25K a try but with Mark's schedule the last 18mos, it hadn't happened. I've always felt that I couldn't run due to some serious knee injuries when I was in high school. One was a swimming accident where my kneecap was kicked out of place and the other I was hit by a car while riding my bike (they were running a red light) and my bicycle pedal was jammed into the spot my kneecap should be in. I did several years of therapy in order to avoid surgery and they'll still give me fits from time to time although in recent years it's gotten much better.

I decided today was the day to let go of the excuse and just do it! I went looking up the program and was even able to find an app for my phone so I can listen to my music and it just tells me when I need to switch gears. Did I run full-out when it was running time? Nope! I knew that had I tried that I would never have lasted. I went into a steady jog/run for those 1min segments and by the time the minute was up I would be just about at the point of wanting to drop down and die but by the time the walk segment was up, I would have a big bounce in my step and be ready to step it up a notch. I'll be trying to get day 2 in on Wednesday and day 3 on Saturday, weather permitting.

I started reading The Spark with the BLC12 bookgroup this week. I managed to read from the intro through Chap2 today. It really helped me see why I've been having so many problems on my journey. I wanted to lose weight but apparently not enough to work for it and I think a lot of that came down to not having clear focus points.

Chapter 2 Focus Questions:

1) What truly drives you?
My family. I want to be a good example to my kids and show them that they can live a healthy life and eat their cake too (just in moderation)

2) Are you working each day toward something that really matters to you?
Yes. I've made daily exercise a part of my life again and I'm already feeling better. I have several other goals that I want to start finding small steps I can take to start accomplishing those as well but I'm starting with this one.

3) Do you have any affirmations?
I used to but I haven't revised them or said them in years. Something I need to start doing again.

4) What are your goals? If so inspired, blog about them!
First, to lose 10% of my body weight and keep it off. I did this last year and feel so much better for it and am working to lose another 10% this year. To get out of debt except for our house payment. To work on finding a workable schedule for myself and my family to allow us to get the work done we need to do, declutter the house, and still have plenty of fun time to enjoy being together. To read 104 books again this year.


I plan to keep thinking on these, refining them, making them clearer and coming up with steps to accomplish them. After this, I think I'm definitely going to need to reread Sink Reflections too. I need to get my wings on!

No comments: