Monday, February 01, 2010

Getting back on track (again)

I think about the time Thanksgiving hit, I had hit the holiday wall and was just trying to get through them without losing my mind. Somehow that mindfog managed to last all the way through January. Really, this feels like the beginning of the year for me in terms of energy to start projects and drive to move forward on my personal goals. January was just hard for some reason. I couldn't get motivated. We seemed to keep getting hit with illness. Our routines just would not come together. I could not manage to wake up on time to do things in the morning. It was just crazy. Admittedly it was very hard to get up this morning and I've still got things I should already have done and our routines still need a lot of work but I did get up and I did get my workout in which is only the second time this year so that is a start. I'm trying to see what I can do to bring that habit back because I did feel so much better when I was doing it regularly. It's just been so hard with everyone staying up late for me to turn around and get up early. Something else to work on.

So today I'm pledging to start taking the babysteps I know I need to take. To start exercising regularly again, to start tracking what I eat again, to drink at least 64oz of water, and to limit myself to 2 pieces of chocolate a day (that one is going to be HARD!) and I'll be posting here to tell how I've been doing. I'm still glad that for having stopped all that, I've basically maintained my weight and I do feel that is something to be proud of but I do want to continue doing better as I can feel myself starting to slip back into very bad habits that will lead to the weight coming back on. Time to nip it in the bud and get my healthy habits going again!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So that was my blog entry over on SparkPeople this morning. I'm heading to bed now and while I won't get the 7hrs of sleep I want to make a priority (Nico took a nap today, nuff said), I did meet all my other goals. I got lots of exercise in with a 30min workout this morning plus some KSW practice and then went to the seminar this evening which was about 2hrs of exercise. I tracked everything I ate and came in right on target with everything except a little over on sodium intake and a little under on the carbs. I drank 80oz of water. I only had 2 pieces of chocolate. So first day done!

No comments: