Tuesday, February 09, 2010

104:18 Anthem by Ayn Rand

One of Christopher's English books this year. I found the writing style simplistic and the plot very 1984/Brave New World right up until the last 1/2 of the last chapter. I admit to being confused as to why the author choose to end it the way she did until I read the brief biography of her that came afterward (serious benefit of the Kindle) and then it made sense. I still don't agree with it but I can at least understand better why her hero had the later thoughts that he did. The book itself was a quick read and basically enjoyable even if I don't agree with the political philosophy of the ego being supreme.

I admit to being curious about some of her other works. I've heard several of my friends say they have started Atlas Shrugged but weren't able to get more than halfway before giving up in disgust. Not sure if that moves it up on the list of books to read or down...

Page count: 68p/4,685p ytd

No comments: