So it's June 1, exactly one month since Mark and I started working out with 10minute Trainer so I thought I'd review our progress. I took four days off because I was really feeling the muscle fatigue but jumped in again today and did the Cardio and Yoga this morning. It was hard to get through the cardio and I took a 20s break at the start of the last minute but I wasn't anywhere near as sore as I was doing it as I was before taking the break so that's good.
So my opinions of the 10 Minute Trainer series:
Pros
*I like that it's very easy to get in at least one workout a day
*I like that it's very easy to work up to more workouts quickly
*The progression really works your body while giving areas rest between if you aren't doing all three workouts.
*It definitely works you but it's easy to stick with a session since you know it's only 10 minutes
Cons
*Things like the cardio and yoga are already getting boring. Phase 2 introduces a new Cardio workout but not a new yoga workout. I'll probably be looking into finding some other short yoga workouts.
*The lower body and abs don't get into standard rotation as the top 1-2 workouts and so are harder to get your body used to so makes it harder to combine with others. They are brutal to begin with so less chances to do it with something light on the schedule makes it harder to get used to.
In all, I like it for the most part but am ready to add the Phase 2 stuff in and maybe some new yoga stuff as I'd love to get yoga in daily in the evenings. I've lost 5lbs and 3" overall. Not incredible results and Mark has done much better overall (stupid men being able to lose weight so easily *grumble grumble*) but it's definitely moving things in the right direction. I could choose to eat even less and see faster results but I've noticed when I go below about 1350cal a day, I end up dealing with horrible munchies the next day and eat much more than I should. That tells me that I need to not drop down too dramatically if I want to make these changes permanent. Rather that I need to slowly bring my calorie intake down, try to stay mid-range on my calorie intake but see if I can't push it just a little lower every week or two to see better results.
So would I recommend 10 Minute Trainer? If you haven't been working out previously, yes, in a heartbeat. I think if you are used to doing a lot more than this would not be a good fit but it's a great way for the more sedentary to start a workout program. Not a low intensity one by any means, but easy to find time for and get through and progress on.
No comments:
Post a Comment