Saturday, July 17, 2010

Whirlwind Week

It really has been another one of those weeks where I turn around and realize a week has passed and I have only vague recollections of what happened. I'm going to just break it down to what I remember by day.

Monday ~ I got on kids cases about their not doing their chores. Matthew had guitar and then we raced to drop him off at College for Kids. I got home, did something (no clue what), and then picked him up. Nicholas had a fit so I didn't get to go to KSW that day but one of the instructors came out to speak to me because Jonathan had pushed another kid into a wall during techniques. Totally not what he was supposed to be doing and he had been suspended from the advanced class for a week for this instance and if he had another problem like it, he would be suspended for 6mos. Considering all the other issues we've been having with him recently, I've told him that he isn't going to a call without me being physically present until he's proved he's got himself under control. May be a while before that happens.

Tuesday ~ Get informed by Jon's speech teacher that she's pretty sure boys have lice. Apparently she actually saw one crawling on Matthew. Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Now I know we've been itchy here for a while BUT knowing that, I've been doing lots of checking and hadn't seen anything conclusive (it's hard to tell with Matt because of his dandruff issues). I checked them that night thoroughly and confirmed it. Ugh! In good news, we did get to Costco to pick up the boys' glasses and I was declared the best mommy in the world because they can see now. We also made a quick detour to Gator Games because my children are now dice junkies.

Wednesday ~ Spent day sequestered in house except for brief trip to CVS for lice meds. Washed all bedding, vacuumed EVERYTHING, shampooed myself and kids (please kindly remember that Mark is in India for all this), and then found that the enclosed nit comb was CRAP and only separated hairs but did not actually remove the nits so I had to remove every single one by hand. Lovely. This also meant that I had to have Matthew ripping out my hair as he tried to do me. Super Lovely.

Thursday ~ Jon has speech and OT where we get treated like lepers because of the lice thing. I go on search for better comb to find that there isn't one in the area. Drop off Matt at CSM. Head to Gator Games to get Chris the stuff he wanted before he left on his trip but hadn't been able to buy on Tuesday because his PayPal funds transfer hadn't gone through yet. Continue down to Redwood City to get gas at Costco and then find this one place that sells the awesome lice comb. Realize that if we leave now and drive straight home, we will get 15min at home before having to leave to pick up Matt again. Not worth it so I take boys to Central Park. On the way I get pulled out because my reg is out of date. Yes, I get a fix-it ticket. Apparently the cop was low on his ticket quota that day. And I found out that my smog certificate has expired, cause you know after 2mos your car will magically start polluting horribly so it must be redone. Cop also keeps my proof of insurance card. Nice. Continue to park. Get kids to play equipment. Sit down. Immediately stand back up because Nicholas has come down the slide and is crying. Find out he bonked his eye and it's now swelling up and bleeding nicely. Take crying child and brother (J) to bank next door and beg for ice. Argue with crying child for next 20min to keep the freaking ice on so the swelling will go down because I don't have time to take him to the ER for stitches before picking up his brother (M). Go get Matt and head back towards home for Jon's soccer practice. Drop Matt off early with gear and take Jon home to get ready and to pick-up Chris so he can help watch Nico. Get to practice to find that Matt is upset because he wasn't allowed to run any drills and, in his nsho, the lady doesn't know what she is doing. At this point I stuck my nose in a book as I'd had enough of the day. Finally get home and get everyone fed. Comb through everyone's hair since I'd gone through hell to get this stupid comb. Find no more nits but pull tons of dead babies out. Ewwwwwww!!!!! Go to bed itching again.

Friday ~ Spend entire morning recleaning everything after previous nights discoveries. Drop older two off at KSW for their clubs. Take younger two with me to pick up Mark from airport. Drive back to HMB to pick up older two from KSW. Get home and realize I need to fold this laundry I've been doing so Chris has clothes to pack for his trip to South Carolina the next day plus I need to find all our KSW uniforms and Jon's soccer uniform for his game. Ackackackack! Put poor Mark in charge of dinner so I can do that. Welcome home, honey! Finally have things done by midnight including having Mark check my hair again. Nicholas then comes out hysterical about his teeth. Meds aren't working, his grinding them in his sleep which is aggravating the cavities. I get him calmed down and fall asleep with him on the couch. Get up at 4am and move to my bed. Alarm goes off at 6am

Saturday (today) ~ Get out of bed at 7:30a. Get kids moving because oldest two need to be at the beach by 9am to help set-up for KSW Beach Training. Not thinking (not my best after several days of little sleep and constant stress), I ask Mark to bring Nicholas to me ready to go. I get boys there only 15min late. Mark shows up with Nicholas 30min early but not in uniform. He needs to get to his soccer game so I race home and get him changed and get back with 2min to spare. Beach Training was awesome! Matt took Nico for first session so I got to start learning some basics of Korean archery. One of the black belts from another school set-up a tots session for #2 so I was able to do the Ki Breathing and Meditation. Mark showed up between sessions one and two and took Nicholas and Jonathan home after the 2nd session so I was able to do advanced Ki Bohn Soo techniques which was a lot of fun. Concentrated on a couple of those techniques and how to make sure that in an actual fight they are most effective while protecting yourself. Coolness. Finally got home around 4p and put my feet on ice for the next couple of hours (stupid tendinitis). Mark was awesome and made dinner again. Got Chris packed and he is now at the airport with Mark waiting to board his plane to South Carolina for Shared Worlds (his writing camp).

That brings me current in my crazy life. Now, I'm happy to have the younger three asleep and a quiet house. I'm going to enjoy it for a few minutes before I become completely unconscious.

1 comment:

linda said...

Ummm. Is this something we need to check Ian/us for?