Unfortunately, we just couldn't manage to get through the day without a blow-up with the kids. I told them that I was very happy that we hadn't had to rush around last night getting everything ready to game this morning and that we hadn't had to wake up early to do it either. The house was at least basically picked up and vacuumed. We discussed how that was much better than the last time and how if we spent a little bit of time, we could easily maintain that and then continue to improve upon it and then maintain that level. They all agreed that would be good. So I asked them to pick-up and do chores while I made dinner and then we could play cribbage during dinner like they've been asking to do.
Again my children had to teach me not to dangle a carrot in front of them because they can't cope with knowing it's there. Instead of picking up and getting their chores done, they spent the time arguing over who was going to play cribbage with whom. I reminded them 3xs that they were not doing what they should be doing and then I canceled the game. I really do not understand why they can't not grasp the concept of "do this then get that" but they don't. If they know there is some awesome thing to be had when the work is done, instead of doing the work to get it they spend their entire time finding something to argue about in the reward and then they don't get the reward. It's ridiculous and I have yet to find a parenting book that deals with this lovely behavior. *sigh*
On the bright note tho, I got to talk to Mark a couple of times. Last I heard he was safely in Mumbai, had gotten some sleep, and was at the airport again to head to Cochin. I have to say, it's really weird talking across time. When I talked to him this morning it was already tomorrow in India. Cue Twilight Zone music. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment