Friday, July 09, 2010

104:72 Kitty Goes to War by Carrie Vaughn

The 8th book in the Kitty Norville series about a werewolf radio talkshow host. I felt the title of this one was a bit misleading. The last couple of books have been leading up to a big confrontation with all sorts of baddies so I was kind of expecting this one to be dealing with things gearing up for that based on the title. While the subplot may have had something to do with the coming bigger battle, the main plot of the story does not.

So what is the main plot of the story? In a nutshell, someone started a trained werewolf group in the military. They served in Afghanistan and Iraq and then there alpha was killed but none of them understood or were capable of taking over his role and thus the group dissolved into a chaotic mess. They've been brought to CO to see if Kitty has any ideas on how to deal with them and reintroduce them to society. Talk about a tall order...

Fast paced as usual but I'm not sure ultimately what purpose this will serve in the grand scheme of the universe. I'm guessing some of the knowledge and people in this will turn up in later books as help when the time comes but otherwise, this didn't seem to move characters or overall arc forward much. Still, a very enjoyable read.

Page count: 334p/21,956p ytd

No comments: