Other than that, I'm just going to be trying to take it one day at a time since there isn't much else I can do.
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Single Parenting
Mark left for India this morning. It's so weird. After his 18mos of going back and forth to Utah it's not like I'm not used to doing the single parenting thing but somehow this time feels different. I don't know if it's the length of this trip (8 days) or the fact that instead of being 750mi away he's half a world away. Maybe it's that instead of our schedules being an hour off, it's 12½hrs difference. Maybe it's knowing that I can't just call him or txt him and get ahold of him quickly. Whatever it is, I just definitely feel it a lot more this time. It was a crazy busy day today but even with that, I still found myself almost in tears several times just knowing that he was traveling further and further away from me. I only got to talk to him briefly after he left when he was stopped in Atlanta before heading to Amsterdam. He was going to try to call when he got there but I guess either something happened or he got in too late. He should be landing in Mumbai at 10:30a tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll hear from him then. Pretty sure our cell bill won't like it but oh, well. I just want to know that he got there safely. After that we can use Skype for the majority of communication.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
** hugs ** you did great as DM today. I'll be around until Wednesday if you need help, or even just someone to run to Starbucks for you. :D
Post a Comment