Ok, anyone who has paid any attention to me at all knows where I stand on the idea of fish as pets. They are among the dumbest things ever! Seriously. Why would you want a "pet" where all it does is swim around a bowl and eat? I can understand koi ponds and such. Those are cool. There you have a beautiful outdoor scene with animals in their native environment for an idyllic, tranquil setting. Ok, get that. But indoors???? Goldfish??? Even betas? Come on. Get a TV. That you can change the channel and get some entertainment out of. I just don't get the fish thing tho.
So now with all that being said so that no one is unclear on my views on pet fish, you may wonder why we have "another one". For the record, I have never bought one. Never wanted one (obviously) and fought against them. My MIL didn't listen and bought the older 3 betas 2½yrs ago because they loved feeding her koi. Of course they did, that was a novetly. Here, they lost all interest in the fish after a week. The stupid fish on the other hand swam happily in their bowls, green water, no food for days for 2½yrs. The last one finally croaked about a month ago and there was much rejoicing at it's demise.
So that brings us to today, or rather Saturday. We went to a local school's holiday bazaar where, when my back was turned, my brother helped Jonathan procure a fish at some booth or other. A small, stupid, ugly, pale dirt yellow goldfish thing. He calls it Goldie. I call it "stupid fish". We left it in the bag in one of the bowls vacated by the late betas for 2 days and the stupid thing lived. Now, I am not a completely heartless individual (despite what some of you may think) and since it obviously had a will to survive, I relented and went to the store to buy some stupid fish food. We poured some fresh water into the bowl and dumped him out with a flake of food. At last glance, the stupid fish still hadn't eaten. *shrug* Whatever. I'm just hoping this one croaks well before 2yrs pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment