Thursday, December 13, 2007

WW update

I find it a sad commentary on today's companies when being nice and reasonable gets you nothing but the second you start threatening them, you get almost instantaneous response. As I noted in my last post, I was having problems with WW (Weight Watchers for those not in the know) having turned off my On-the-Go service yet still charging me. I tried for 8 months to just ask them nicely to please fix it but had finally threatened to file a complaint with the BBB and look into small claims court. This was on Monday. I got a phone call today from a real live person who is actually a supervisor. She said that yes, she could see where somehow on my account things had been turned off but somehow on the billing machine they weren't (gee, just what I had been saying for months!). She turned it back on in my account and is going to check daily to make sure I don't get double billed (the reason I didn't just sign back up to start with). She has also issued a refund for $40 the services I was charged for but did not receive and gave me her direct line in case there are further problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have gotten things resolved and am pleased with the outcome. I'm just frustrated that something that could have been resolved so simply months ago was not even a blip on the radar screen until I threatened them. I would much rather live in a world where when there is a problem, it just gets fixed rather than one where you ignore people until they get mean and ugly. As a business person, I've always held the belief that customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance. I wish more big businesses had that mentality as well.

No comments: