
So I'm not sure how it all started or turned into what it has but Mark has a new hobby with a new suspect, my brother Mike. Round about almost a year ago, the two of them started getting into this whiskey thing. It started innocently enough with a "Hey, you are trying new things, I like Red Breast, let me bring a bottle to share and enlighten you with" from my brother. It all sort of spiraled from there. Next thing I know, Mark is at the BevMo calling Mike saying "Hey dude, I got a bottle of Jamey 12, let's try it against the Red Breast" to which Mike would reply "I'm so there!". There, of course, being my living room. So I would get to watch these two fools drink themselves silly and play Guitar Hero until Mark would fall off a chair or Mike would pass out. Kids are in bed, they don't get loud or belligerent so it's all good.
Then they found out about WhiskeyFest in San Francisco at the end of October. By this time their collection or "the box" had grown extensively and

it was decided that not only did they HAVE to go to this event, but that they needed to be there the second the doors opened. *insert eye roll here* They went, they drank lots of old whiskey, Mark fell down, they came home. That was the end of it, or so I thought. Next thing I know, they have a website (http://whiskeybros.com/) and they are putting in tasting notes and making a real hobby of this. Okay, that's nice honey, so long as you are having a good time with it. *insert wifely indulgent laugh*
Now however, the hobby has changed. At the boys Kuk Sool Wan photo day Mark was talking to a local business man who holds charity events at his establishment. Mark was invited to have a whiskey tasting at the next event, Jan 31. Now he's busy running around trying to get everything together for this and it's like watching a boy in a candy shop. He's so excited and it's a good excitement for him and I'm glad to see it.
Me tho, I'll just be sitting back watching and laughing as he falls off his chair as I sip my Mudslide Martini.
3 comments:
My age is showing. I remember changing Mike's diapers. And now he's a Whiskey Brother?
You guys grow up Way Too Fast!
Just make sure they don't drink and drive and I'll be a happy camper. I like them both too much to see them injured.
Love
Mom
I'd rather do a Starbuck's tasting contest myself. Boys are just silly aren't they?
They could be Cove's!
Post a Comment