Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Very Merry Un-Birthday to Me!

Since it's officially a school holiday and the kids don't have super important activities to go to, I've declared today my "un-birthday" and am taking the day off as much as I can. My real birthday is Friday but Matthew has science class at LHS and Nico has zoo class in SF at the exact same time so Mark and I are already having to divide and conquer to make it all work so there will be no rest on that day so hey, I figured I should make the most of this one.

So I'm on vacation today. I'm not getting dressed. I'm not driving a single child to a single activity. I slept in til almost 7:30a when I chose to wake up. Chris made me tea and breakfast. Matthew made me a birthday card and set up the living room with a blanket and extra pillows on the couch. Jonathan made muffins from mix all by himself. I've already gotten to see the final three episodes of BSG: Season 3 and plan to watch some more later tonight. The bigger boys are getting some other chores done and catching up on a little schoolwork but otherwise, we are all lounging about.

So my plans for the rest of the day include finishing up two of the books I'm in the middle of as well as some school reading for Christopher, staying in my pjs, and not leaving the house. I'd love it if they would include not having to intervene in any sibling squabbles but apparently they didn't get that part of the memo and I've already dealt with several. Oh, well. I get the other parts and I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Happy Birthday a Few Days Early!
Did you get my package from Amazon?
Love
Mom