Thursday, November 05, 2009

Please tell me this crap will end soon!

So as if yesterday wasn't a hard enough day emotionally, today had to try and go crazy financially. I got a call from our dentist office saying that the claim for Matthew's crowns had been denied again. We managed to get her better information and she was able to get them to pay their portion...which equated to less than 1/3 of the total. Now mind you, 2 of the 4 teeth that were crowned have now fallen out. I asked the dentist at the time about simply extracting the teeth since they were due to come out soon and after looking at the xray he assured me that the adult teeth were no where close to ready and it would be about 2 more years before they fell out naturally so this almost $2000 procedure was absolutely necessary. NOT! Now it turns out that they did not talk to the correct insurance company to get a pre-treatment estimate done and that we actually have no in-network dentists in this state so the insurance is barely paying anything. So we owe another $450 for these teeth that are no longer in Matthew's head. And they are now saying that we owe another $330 for some work for Jonathan and Christopher that has not been on any of the bills that I've been paying this year. They told me that we had discussed that I owed money and I had said I wouldn't pay until things were settled with Matthew but at the same time, I got bills with what looked to be the amount we had discussed on them and I paid those assuming that the bills were correct. Now all of a sudden I owe them all this extra money, the burden of proof to show that we paid what we were billed for is on me because all their billing is done through a third-party and they won't try to get back copies of the bills, and because of all their screw-ups, they want their money RIGHT NOW!

Excuse me?!

You give me bad advice regarding treatment, bad information on the estimate, don't bill me correctly and all of a sudden this is all my fault somehow and I need to pay up immediately?!

I think we are looking for a new dentist after the way this has been handled which totally stinks because I was really hoping to get in and start getting some major work done before the end of the year. *sigh*

Can tomorrow please not throw me any more curveballs?

No comments: