Friday, January 11, 2013

Survived the first week back

First week back after break is always hard and this week has been no exception.  Kids don't want to get up in the morning (heck, neither do I).  They don't want to do their work.  They move slowly through everything.  I don't want to spend hours and hours and hours in the car so I'm grumbling through all their activities.  Yeah, it's just hard and sucky and a whole lot of no fun.  Top it all off that Mark was in NY this week so I was single-parenting the whole time too and well, Oscar had nothing on me.

But we have survived and things are starting to smooth out again.  I'm just about caught up on all the school paperwork including a lot of the stuff from this week so I'm pretty confident that I'll be entirely caught up with everything including this week's stuff except Jon's science by the end of the weekend which will be fantastic! Then comes the next project of dealing with the checkbook and bills.  Even more fun comes after that as I go through the multiple boxes of paperwork that just got shoved in boxes as we were dealing with showings and I haven't seen in ages which now need to be sorted and dealt with appropriately (filed, recycled, or shredded).  It's a process and at least it's moving in the right direction.

There had been talk about a multi-family garage sale here for this weekend but it looks like that is not happening now.  As nice as it would have been to get a bunch of this stuff gone, I'm just as glad as we aren't really organized enough to do it properly so this will give us some time to take care of that.  I'm hoping to deal with more paperwork and have Mark help get a bunch of the artwork hung and get a bunch of boxes out of the garage and then maybe we can actually get things organized in there.  I really need that since I'm continuing to have problems with my feet so training for my half-marathon needs to involve something other than a lot of walking/jogging so I'm going to work on biking a lot with the occasional walk/jog figuring the biking will work the legs and cardio system without putting as much strain on the feet.  It still puts some strain on but not as much.  It's better than sitting on my butt feeling sorry for myself and eating Holland Mints all day (although truthfully, that has it's own appeal).

No comments: