So as I type this, I seem to be the only one with any lingering symptoms from the last several weeks worth of colds and other illness. Still a slight cough and my lungs are still not 100% but I'm upright more and starting to get back into the swing of things. I've gotten a walk in the last three days and today I'm staring at a great huge pile of laundry so I'll do some laundry stepping before hitting Kuk Sool Won tonight. I'm trying to stage a slow comeback in the hopes that this will keep something else from sneaking up on me and kicking my butt back into bed.
To top off all the illness tho, what would be better than a fender-bender? Yep, that was how we wrapped up our first normal Tuesday in weeks. Another guy I know was backing out his parking space at the same time we were and right into my blind spot. I didn't see him at all until after the bump and I looked in my side mirror as he was not visible from the rear of my car, likely hidden behind my spare tire. No one was injured since he had just barely stopped and I was pulling out slowly since I was in a busy parking lot. My car is fine (of course, it's a real car) but his tissue paper prius bumper is crumpled and will need to be replaced. My insurance is pushing for a no-fault claim so we'll see what happens there. Of course, now since we were in an accident that occurred at 5mph, we need a new carseat. *rolling eyes* So now I need to go take pictures of our carseat and send them to our insurance adjuster. The only nice thing is that we were in the process of looking at new carseats anyway that do a better job of converting to a booster than our current one so at least now we wont' have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket. Trying to look at the bright side here.
Yesterday nobody got motivated to do much around here so I guess the fact that everyone is already dressed and it's not 11a yet is progress. I freaking hate daylight savings time. Seriously. It will take 2-3wks to get everyone readjusted to the time change. I'm having a really hard time since it's now dark when I need to get up. Really?! Why did we have to change it so that it's dark when people need to be getting up and moving? Why just so that during the summer it will be light out when the kids need to go to bed of course! I swear it is the stupidest thing in the world but then making it so that we have DST for 8mos and standard time for 4 is even more ridiculous! Who wants to help me start a petition to get rid of it? I will seriously do this and send it straight to the White House. Pick a freaking time and stick with it already! Either that, or they need to send someone here to deal with Nicholas while trying to retrain his body. Ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment