Wednesday, March 17, 2010

104:31 The Ancient Egyptian World by Eric H. Cline & Jill Rubalcaba

Absolutely loving this series! It really makes the history so accessible and fun! Admittedly it wasn't up-to-date on the most recent findings of what killed King Tut but since that was only revealed last month, I think it can be forgiven. I loved reading about the lives of the commoner as well as about the Pharohs. It was horrifying to read about the way the ancient artifacts were disregarded back in the 1920s including how they literally cut apart King Tut in order to remove him from his tomb. I had no idea that archeologists would have ever done that! It was fascinating to read about their ancient medicinal practices and as we progressed to read about the inventions and discoveries made at the Library in Alexandria, some of which we still use today and some which were discovered almost 2000yrs before being commonly accepted like the fact that the Earth is round. They knew it back then!

Page count: 172p/8,003p ytd

No comments: