I put this up on FB but figured I would post here as well (with more details). My older three are participating in this years Kick-a-thon/Break-a-thon at our Kuk Sool Won school. It's exactly what it sounds like. You can do a flat pledge or sponsor them on a per kick and/or per board broken basis. It's a tax deductible donation and all proceeds go to the Dorothy B. Schneider Cancer Center at Mills Peninsula Hospital (Infusion Center). The money raised will be going to purchase thicker robes, slippers, blankets and helping women get massages, pedicures, manicures, hair appointments, etc so they don't just feel like walking chem bags (their description, not mine). The goal is to treat the entire person and not just the disease.
Here are what they are thinking they will do (I personally think the kick counts a little low and the breaking a little high for Matthew and Jonathan but we shall see).
Christopher: 10 breaks, 300 kicks
Matthew: 40 breaks, 375 kicks
Jonathan: 20 breaks, 300 kicks
If you'd like to make a pledge or have any questions, just drop me an email: jena@davisfam.org.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment