Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Getting back on track, Day 1

Not like my life is going to slow down any time soon tho at least with this being the last week of bowling and the second to last week of acting, I am starting to see a few hours a week free up for a month or so. *deep sign of relief* And in that interest, I'm really trying to start getting things back on track around here, starting with myself. The first thing I really want to tackle is the clutter so I have gone too with a vengence and dropped 4 boxes of stuff off at Goodwill today and another two at UPS and another will be dropped off at a friend's house tomorrow. I'm definitely feeling good about the start that I made on that. I really want to start FLYing again with serious motivation.

My second thing to tackle is the body clutter. I find that I'm getting out of breath way too easily when chasing Nico (okay, a marathon distance runner would get out of breath chasing that child, but still...) and I'm just not feeling healthy these days. I think between the 2½yrs of sleep deprivation that child bestowed upon me and now the stress of Mark's job and everything else, I've really stopped taking care of myself at all and it's showing. I haven't been to Curves in 2mos and with his current schedule, I don't see when that's going to change. Mark hasn't been able to get any workout time in either (I felt only marginally better upon hearing that) so over our weekend getaway, we ended up ordering the 10min Trainer series by Tony Horton. We have his Power90 DVDs but not the bands so were just doing the cardio workouts but again, the time commitment was brutal with everything else. We are both hoping that with the shorter workout times, it will be easier to get started and stick with it and then we can eventually move up to longer workouts. I've also started tracking my food intake on SparkPeople again and I want to take a look at our schedules and figure out when I can go and talk to one of the nutritionists at Kaiser to get a better handle on how to manage my intake to help me best. (oh, yeah, and figure out when I can get myself to the dentist, Ugh!)

So in all, big plans as always but I want to start with baby steps so they can be achieved. Tomorrow is crazy but my big hope is to keep tracking my food intake, keep up with drinking my water, and just not lose any of the ground that I gained today. I am heading to bed with all the laundry totally caught up, the dishes done and sink shiny, and I made sure to put away all the groceries immediately upon coming home. I even did half of Jason's mending and hope to do the second half tomorrow night. That should be manageable, right?!

No comments: