Friday, April 24, 2009

The brain is mush

We've had Jason for a month now and I've noticed that my blog entries have basically been my book reviews and little else since he joined the family so I thought I'd try to find a few minutes and update on life here. Obviously it's been crazy busy. Jason has his own needs in terms of therapy plus extra help with his schoolwork and adjusting to life here, add in helping to smooth things over between him and Jonathan and Christopher on a regular basis due to misunderstandings in their interpretation of the way he plays around, trying to keep the other four from killing each other on a regular basis, trying to do all the school stuff for the other three, all their activities, Mark's travel schedule, and Mike's visiting....Well, yeah, life is just a tad crazier than usual. Top all that off with I was sick for a couple of weeks with a stupid cold that just left me drained and the house went to hell in addition to everything else. I'm just now finally starting to feel like I'm getting my head back above water and getting things done around the house and even occasionally managing to find some time for my book database project. Still trying to get a schedule together so maybe we can actually manage to get more accomplished during the day and maybe, just maybe, I can find time to start working out again. This last 2mos have not been kind to my waistline. :(

In good news tho, Jason is adjusting to us and the other boys are adjusting to him. It's a slow process but it's happening and I'm hopeful that things will continue to get better. I just signed everyone up for all their summer activities today so there went a ton of money out the door. Thank goodness for tax refunds which paid off a credit card and helped pay off the summer camps. Here's our current schedule:

Jason - one week of surf camp in June. He's been offered other things but has so far turned them down. I'm hoping he finds at least one more thing that he'd like to try so hopefully he can find some new friends out here.

Christopher - Is going to be attending a writing workshop at a college in SC. He'll be gone for two weeks so this will be his first overnight camp and it's a doozy of a one so I'm praying he does well but he's very excited by the idea and it looks like a fantastic camp. He'll be learning all about world building in a fantasy/sci-fi universe with published authors and taking classes with college professors in history, religion, and physics in order to make the world believable.

Matthew - Is going to College for Kids again this year. He'll be taking classes in claymation, ooey gooey science, and cartoons & comics. Gee, sense a theme here?

Jonathan - is signed up for a week of KSW camp as well as soccer and an engineering camp using erector sets. Hopefully that will keep him busy.

Nico - poory guy is not currently signed up for anything. I was totally unimpressed with the camp and class choices for him so I'm really hoping something pops up for him. Otherwise, I think we are going to need to spend a lot of time at the park and pool to keep him from spending the whole summer in a video game haze.

It's going to be another short summer for me since technically Christopher won't be done with school until June 16 and Jason will need summer school in order to catch up. Add in that with Ocean Grove our school year will start around August 20, and well, yeah, it's a short summer for mom. My biggest hope for the summer is to get a few things done around the house and get all the research done for curriculum choices for the kids and schedules in place for the start of the school year. If I can do that much, I will definitely consider my summer a success. Heck, maybe I'll even get a little blogging done. LOL

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

I'm thinking about printing out the Facebook entries just to share something with Grandma.
Love
Mom